March 12, 2012

The end of life as we know it

My boyfriend and I are expecting as you already know.  I can't help but wonder...is this the end of life as we know it? College? that'll be a no go.  Crazy 21st Birthday Party? I don't think so. Most any of the fun stuff that my friends will be experiencing I won't be there for and I can't help but wonder...am I even making the right choice? I mean of course abortion is never an option but maybe adoption is...and then I got on Twitter.  Wouldn't you know it the trending topic among my friends was #tomyunbornchild and then it hit me.  This child didn't ask to be born it didn't get to choose the life it was given, none of us do, and for me to take the easy way out...that's selfish.  I realized that not only was I going to be a mother but I was going to love that child and I was going to give that child the best life that I possibly could because even so that little baby growing inside me didn't request a teenage mother just shy of college that's what the baby was dealt and so I was going to try and make up for it the best I can.  My friends have told me before that they think I will be a good mother, honestly, I'm not so sure but I'm sure as hell going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

just let me know what you think...