February 16, 2012

Call Backs!

I tried out for a play at school yesterday "Legally Blond: the Musical" and I finally got a call back, first one ever.  I should be so much more excited than I am but maybe that will come.  Anyway, I sang "The Only Exception" by Paramore and I felt really good about it.  This is the first time that I have felt really good about something that I have done artistically in a long time.  Normally when I do something artistically I feel like its crap or that I'll never be good enough and then I don't get the part or a call back even which doesn't help my low self esteem at all.  Which is why this time I went in thinking that there was no way I was going to get the part anyway so I have no reason to be nervous.  I was going to sing "Not That Girl" from Wicked until I asked my wonderful friend Shane Smith what he thought that I should do and he suggested that song and I am so grateful.  I feel like I did really well and  I am really proud of myself who knows I may even actually go out for the talent show this year, but if I do, I know I will have to sing that song again because it fit my voice so well. Callbacks seem like such a great feat right now maybe next it will actually be getting the role.  One can only hope <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

just let me know what you think...